Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Shepard's pie


















When I was a kid, I remember loving the kind of casserole consisting of a meaty sauce and mashed potatoes. We never ate it that often, and then we kind of forgot about it, moved on to more exciting foods and I didn't think about it until last year. That was when I read about Shepard's pie, and realized that my memories from the childhood was exactly that, just never named back then. So I made my own vegan version, and I don't remember what I put in it that first time, but it wasn't that great. So I forgot about it once again, until now. I suddenly found myself at the stove, making soy protein filling in one pan, boiling potatoes in another and assembling it all in a third. It came out great. I don't have a recipe for you, there's plenty out there already and I'm not a recipe maker. But one thing really did stand out - I put a tablespoon or two of vegan cream cheese in the mashed potatoes. It was excellent. How do you make Shepard's pie?


0 comments:

Post a Comment